Monday, December 21, 2009

Hi wall. I'm face. Nice to meet you.

This morning I was feeding S.B.G. around 6am. When we were done I got up to put her back into her crib for another couple hours of sleep before her pedi appointment (more on that later). I tripped on my own damn foot something really big and completely lost my balance. My quick Spidey-sense knew that I was about to take a tumble into the crib (with baby in tow) so I sacrificed myself and did a quick body-contort. I was about to fall onto the floor next to the crib but fortunately my face slammed into the wall and broke my fall. Real nice, face. Audrey was none the wiser to what had just happened - I put her in her crib and she immediately fell back asleep. Whew. At least she came out of that one unscathed. Me? Eh...the jury is still out. I immediately went back to bed for another hour of sleep with an ice pack on my face. I think I might have saved myself from getting a black eye but I've got a pretty gnarly bump on my forehead. Now I just have to come up with a cool story that doesn't involve, "I'm a dumbass and tripped over my own feet."

After the face-meets-wall fiasco, I packed up S.B.G. to head to the doctor for her 6-month well check. The doctor said she looks perfect (I already knew that) and is growing right on track. For you number-loving types, I give you her stats:

Height - 27 inches (90%)
Weight - 16 pounds, 0.5 ounces (50%)
Audrey also got 4 (!!) shots and an oral immunization. She handled them like a champ with minimal crying and immediately crashed out in the car on the way home. She's been out of it most of the day running a low grade fever (as expected due to the shots) but seems generally pretty happy. I'm glad she got a clean bill of health from the doctor & am looking forward to a shot-free 9 month well check. :)

We've had a rough day today & I haven't really felt like taking any pictures today so I will share one of us enjoying better days:


Photo © Life in Motion Photography

Audrey is 6 months & 2 days old

3 comments:

ashley said...

ouch! hope its feeling better and not too sore!

The Katanicks said...

guuurl, sounds like a rough morning! Hope your face feels better and that shiner stays away!

Juicy said...

she's so teeny compared to my tubs o' lard! Great stats though. Love that pic of you and her, Lyndsay rocks!