Tuesday, August 3, 2010

catching up

I've been a bad blogger. Over a week since my last update. Shame on me.

In my defense, a lot has been going on - I got sick a couple weeks ago, my mom came in town week before last to help out (while I nursed my sickness), we took Audrey to play in the sprinklers, I had my last photography class, we (mom, me, Audrey & Riley) went to Houston, Audrey got sick (because I'm a dumbass and shared my fro-yo with her while I was sick), Audrey went on her first carousel ride, Audrey got a new tent/tunnel, we (me, Audrey & Riley) came back to Austin, Audrey walked some more. So there you have it. Thanks for reading!!

Oh. You wanted pictures, too?

My mom first came to Austin week before last and really came to my rescue while I nursed a nasty cough/sore throat. After feeling sorry for myself over the weekend, we finally decided to get out of the house and let Audrey have some fun at the sprinkler park.

I finished up my 4-week photography class (sorry, no pictures this time) and my mom & I packed up and headed to Houston for the rest of the week/weekend. Because I'm stupid and had shared my frozen yogurt with Audrey at the sprinkler park a couple days before, Audrey caught my nasty sickness and started feeling under the weather. She was a pretty miserable girl for a couple days but she finally started to show some signs of life by the weekend. This past Sunday we decided to cure our cabin fever with a trip to the outlet mall and Audrey got to "enjoy" her first carousel ride with Grandpa. She was happy as could be while it was sitting still, but once it got up to speed....no ma'am. My dad ended up having to unstrap her from the horse and hold her the rest of the time because she was not.pleased. I managed a cute iPhone pic before it started, but I wasn't able to get any good shots of her displeasure.

My parents got Audrey a tent/tunnel as a belated birthday present (a good sale is hard to pass up) and she wasn't too keen on it at the beginning of our visit (probably because she wasn't feeling so good). But by the end of the weekend...

We got home from Houston yesterday and were having some quality family time before we headed in for the bath. Audrey decided that pre-bath-family-time would be the PERFECT time to string together a couple good walking sessions!! I didn't get the first (and best one, naturally) on video because I was fumbling around with the damn phone trying to turn the video on, but suffice to say that she walked a good 8-10 feet all by herself! We got a couple shorter walks in before she pretty much gave up for the evening - but at least we have proof now!

She took a day off from walking and pretty much insisted on being carried everywhere today so I'm not ready to call her a "walker" just yet....but she is getting so much closer!!!

Audrey is 1 year, 1 month & 2 weeks old

8 comments:

The Bakers said...

i love the last vid where she screams and claps her own hands in excitement!!! yay audrey!!! :D

Brandy said...

YAY AUDREY!
Henrik wholehartedly approved and even kissed her picture :)

Larisa said...

Go, Audrey, GO!!!

B said...

Yay Audrey! :)

Lin said...

Fantastic job, Audrey! Thanks for the blog, I knew I've been missing something! Sorry we missed you while you were in town!

Juicy said...

yay! that's so neat, she'll be a full-time walker soon enough.

Can I have your mom? she seems much more helpful than my mom.

BeckO said...

How did I miss this post?
LOVE the walking videos. Love her.
Goooo, Audrey!!!

Ruby and Matt said...

awesome!! i love the tent/tunnel shots. she looks so happy!