Wednesday, January 28, 2009

55. Take a yoga/pilates class

Woo-hoo! I'm so excited to cross this one off the list! I went to my very first yoga class (ever) last night and I absolutely loved it. I'm looking forward to more classes in the future!

I took a pre-natal yoga class at Yoga Yoga with my (also preggo) friend Erin last night and it was great. I'm glad she has been going to yoga since the beginning of her pregnancy because I'm a big, fat wuss and probably would have never gone had I not had a friend to go with me. My in-laws gave me a couple gift certificates for yoga classes for Christmas, so that was the final push I needed to get off my lazy ass and get some exercising in. I have to say that it felt AWESOME stretching out my muscles. I'm sure some of them had started to go into atrophy since I haven't really done a lot of anything since I found out I was pregnant. I'm absolutely looking forward to going to classes twice a week.

In other baby-related news, I've really started to feel the munchkin a lot more. It's nothing specific like a kick, but I can definitely feel him/her in there. We've got just less than 2 weeks left until our "big" ultrasound....I'm beyond ready to know if it's a boy or a girl!!

Today: 18w2d

4 comments:

Michele said...

Flutters. That's what I felt at first--little fluttering. So cool!

SleeplessInSeattle said...

You are so lucky you found a studio you like. I've been hunting in Seattle. I think I may have finally found a place, but it doesn't hope for a few more weeks!

Cristina said...

Awesome- I'd been meaning to see how your yoga class went! The stretching alone is enough to make me want to sign up!
And I can't believe you're already close to finding out the sex!! How cool!! Can't wait to hear about it!

Karen said...

Yay for yoga! I'm glad you enjoyed it!