Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I Steal Blog Post Ideas

Well...I don't really steal the posts, but I am definitely yanking some ideas from fellow bloggers. I've been in Cincinnati, Ohio since Sunday and my brain is pretty mushy. So...on to the most unoriginal post ever!

Ashley's recent blog post made reference to a little site called GoodReads. I checked out her profile (and her friends) and quickly realized that I already know/recognize a good chunk of her friends, courtesy of The Nest. What's that? An online social networking site that I'm not already a member of? I think I must join! Not to mention the fact that I really have been trying to read more (translation: watch less TV). And if that wasn't enough motivation for me, GoodReads has a Facebook application. Yes, this really is the basis of my decision-making these days. Does that make me lazy or a dork? Both, maybe?

Speaking of lazy...my friend/co-worker & her husband are mid-way through a Hundred Push-Up Challenge. It's basically a six-week step up to training your body to be able to do one hundred push-ups in a single session. I checked out the site today (while bored at work), and then took the initial test when I got back to the hotel. Yeah...I only did 3 "real" push-ups before I collapsed on the floor. I'm contemplating starting the challenge for myself (maybe I'll start with "knee" push-ups first). Does doing push-ups for 6 weeks count as "working out regularly" (ahem, goal 43)??

Continuing with the lazy trend (damn, that shoulda been the title to this post!)....I'm obsessed with my Google Reader. I can read blogs online at work and no one is the wiser. Plus I like the fact that it just tells me when I have something new to read as opposed to me checking blogs all day. Again...I'm lazy. There are a couple friend-blogs that don't have RSS Feeds activated. I really would like to keep up with their blogs more, but I always forget! In an attempt to satisfy my lazy-desires, I just commented on their blogs asking them to activate their feeds. I'm so horrible.

Sorry for the massive amount of weblinks in this post. I don't know what came over me.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, all the blogs I read are in Google Reader. In fact, if I can't read the whole post in Reader, I usually don't add it to my feed. The only exception is Nothing But Bonfires.
Do you like Cincinnati? My DH's family lives there and I think it's just beautiful. Of course, I'm a sucker for old houses.
Come back soon!

Anonymous said...

Why don't I have GoogleReader? I do everything else via my iGoogle. You will be my first subscription. :)

Sara Louise said...

Haha I am totally doing the 100 push up challenge! Hehe we'll see how far I get. I wonder if I can even do 1 real push up right now?

Anonymous said...

omg i SUPER puffy heart LOVE google reader. i don't know how i lived without it.

and i've been contemplating the 100 push up challenge too... i think i'd be lucky to do 3. i'm with Sara... my magic number is probably like 1. lol.

Larisa said...

I'm kinda obsessed with GoodReads at the moment, in case you couldn't tell.

Also love Google Reader. My only problem that I have too many blogs on there so I always open it to find 1000+ posts to read!

Jules said...

You're a funny girl!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to goodreads. I enjoy google reader as well. Except there are always too many to read and it makes me feel overwhelmed.

Jennifer said...

I'm kinda blogger stupid.... So if you'll point me in the direction of how to turn ON the rss feed (and uh... it'd be nice to know how to use it too...) I'd fix that problem for you :)

Nisha said...

oo thanks! you reminded me to set up my google reader stuff! AND, i'm starting a 101 list on monday (assuming i can come up with 20 more things by then) and i'm totally adding the 100 push-up challenge. :)

Anonymous said...

The thought of doing a hundred push ups every day makes me sad! I am impressed that you got to 3 before collapsing... I don't think I could make it that far. :)