Last weekend, the Miller's & the Mehis' went to New Orleans. Jen had never been to N.O. before & Brekke's birthday was Monday so it just seemed like a natural migration across the state line. I hadn't been to New Orleans since my bachelorette party (pre-Katrina) so I was really looking forward to visiting again & giving back to the community in the form of payment for alcoholic beverages.
Jen, Michelle & I spent the afternoon on Friday at the Ritz Carlton Spa. Holyshit it was fantastic. I honestly don't think I've been that relaxed since my honeymoon. Getting pampered is always fun...especially when you spend the afternoon lounging around in a robe. I think massages & spa days should be a weekly occurrence. Miller...make that happen.
The rest of the weekend was pretty much spent doing what you do in New Orleans: drinking, eating, drinking, gambling, drinking, gambling & drinking some more. I honestly couldn't tell you how many hand grenades I had over the course of the weekend. Since Jen had never been to New Orleans before, she had a "list" of stuff that she wanted to get accomplished during her visit. One of the things on her list was to chestbump the blow-up grenade outside Tropical Isle. Lucky for her (and for everyone on the interweb), I was able to catch it on video. Seriously...it's hilarious.
Anyways, the rest of the weekend went pretty much as you would expect it to. There are lots of fuzzy memories left over. Thank gawd for digital cameras.
Good times. Good times.

No comments:
Post a Comment