...and it really wasn't that bad...
I've heard stories from other moms about their tearful return to work and their utter heartache at leaving their little baby behind. Me? Not so much. Sure...I was sad to go back to work & I was really unhappy about the thought of leaving Audrey at home for 8+ hours but I guess it just didn't hit me as hard as I expected it to. I will say that the fact that I was beyond tired & completely slammed at work probably contributed to my even keel today.
Anyhoo...allow me to share some of the day's high & lows:
I was away from Audrey for about 10 hours.
Audrey was lovingly cared for by my Mom & Aunt Jean.
I had to physically go to the office. (I usually work from home.)
I got to socialize with co-workers.
I was asked about a million times what it "feels like" to be a mom.
Garnier Skin-Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller.
Traffic.
Audrey was wide awake & super happy to see me when I got home.
I only got 5 hours of sleep.
I was able to wear pre-maternity work clothes.
I have to do it all again tomorrow.
Miller was a super-awesomely-sweet hubby and send me flowers at work today.

All in all, it was an okay day. I'm glad it wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be & I'm glad I survived it.
Audrey is 2 months, 3 weeks & 5 days old

7 comments:
gorgeous flowers! Lucky girl.
I'm loving the thumbs up/thumbs down icons. Great! Sounds like it was not too bad, so that's good. And you have to love coming home to smiles. That's what happens when Jay comes home-the boys give him HUGE grins and make me feel like chopped liver. :)
You made it through a tough day and you got pretty flowers and a smile from Audrey. Not too shabby.
I just wanted to say that I love the eye puff roller. I also love Garnier's anti-sun damage moisturizer. It has done wonders to my skin and my hubby's!!
Glad to hear it went "okay". You know, it wasn't as bad for me, either, as I expected it to be (although I guess the fact that I work part-time helped). I think the anticipation was worse than the actual going back. And even better that she's being watched by your mom--that's great!
I'm so glad it wasn't too terrible. And yay for pre-maternity work clothes!!
Big Points for Miller! Congrats on going back!
you rock!
so there is hope!! that is good to hear and i'm glad it wasn't too traumatic. i'm sure talking to adults is nice. :) and yeah....your mom and aunt taking care of her is very comforting for you.
Post a Comment