Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Does this make my butt look big?

I've done it. It has officially happened. I am now a cloth diaper mama.

I had wanted to do cloth diapers since before Audrey arrived, but after discussing it with Miller & doing our homework on the multitude of cloth diaper options, we decided it would be smartest to wait until Audrey was out of "newborn" size diapers. This would allow us time to focus on all the other aspects of parenthood without worrying about extra loads of laundry and give her time to put some meat on her bones so she could properly fill out a one-size diaper. (I'd love to go into more detail for the non-CD readers, but I'll spare you the details. If you're curious, shoot me an email.)

Before you ask...there are many reasons, besides the environmental ones, that helped us decide to switch to cloth. (Although the environmental impact was a major factor.) We'll be saving quite a bit of $$ on diapers over the course of Audrey's diaper-days (more if we have multiple children) and I like the idea of eliminating the chemical additives commonly found in disposables. PLUS, it's been said that cloth diaper babies are sometimes easier/quicker to potty train compared to non-cloth diaper babies.

We had been ready to make the switch for the last couple weeks, so I've been finalizing what diapers I wanted for my "stash" and scouring the internet to make sure I'm getting the best deals. After stumbling across a screamin' deal on bumGenius, I took the plunge and bought 1/2 of my stash supply.

They arrived in the mail yesterday, I gave them the necessary prep washes and away we went!!

Audrey is already a huge fan of the plushy softness that adorns her tushy.


(On an unrelated side note: check out that head/neck control!!)

And because I'm so proud...behold my (1/2) diaper stash!

PS: The quilt in these pictures was handmade for Audrey by my friend, Megan. Isn't it gorgeous??

Audrey is 1 month, 4 weeks & 1 day old

2 comments:

SleeplessInSeattle said...

My little sister used cloth diapers as a kid...I'm impressed!

Monica said...

Great job there! Man, she is SO freakin adorable!