Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl....Crappy Commercials

Last night was Super Bowl XLIII and the Pittsburgh Steelers have emerged as the victors. To be completely honest, I was pulling for the Arizona Cardinals (gotta root for the underdog) and was so disappointed that they couldn't hold on to their lead. Bummer.

But, more disappointing than the loss was the crappy selection of commercials. Blame it on the economy or on horrible advertising/marketing departments, but it was pretty crap-tastic all the way around. The only bright spot (in my expert opinion), was the Miller High Life commercial. What an efficient use of their advertising dollars.

Oh. And be sure to check out the other one second ads High Life didn't air here.

Today: 19w0d

2 comments:

Juicy said...

I must have missed that little ditty, but I agree: it's a good one. There was one other one I thought was good, but the rest were stinkers. A bunch of crap. Those godaddy.com commercials are just ridiculous. Why not just sell porn, eh? And if they allow those, why not that PETA ad? Stupid.

I was also rooting for the Cards, but sadly they only seemed to show up at the end of the game. I thought Jennifer Hudson knocked the National Anthem out of the park though! She rocked it!

SleeplessInSeattle said...

I heard all the hype about the one second commercials, but I guess I actually missed it. Glad you posted it :)