Monday, February 9, 2009

My Little Bambino

Joyce joined Facebook and promptly completed this meme about her unborn spawn. Since I'm following in her footsteps (except for the twin boys part) it is only natural that I do the meme too. Unlike Joyce, I hate using Facebook's "note" system and will instead post it here for all of the blogosphere to enjoy.

  1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED?
    Not really. But we hadn't been "preventing" either.
  2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
    Yup. We had just celebrated our 3 year anniversary a couple months prior.
  3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
    "Holyshit. I'm pregnant."
  4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
    No way, Jose.
  5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
    I'm 28; Miller is 32.
  6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
    I peed on a stick. Twice.
  7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
    I was actually the second person to find out because I made Miller check the test (I couldn't look). After that, I think the first person to know was my hairstylist (Mia @ Urban Betty). Our parents found out within the next couple weeks (we were adamant about telling them in person).
  8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
    We find out on Wednesday. I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED TO KNOW!!!
  9. DUE DATE?
    June 29, 2009
  10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
    No. Thank GAWD. But I did have nausea a couple times while my body was adjusting to the pre-natal vitamins.
  11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
    I want to eat Taco Bell 3-times a day 7-days a week.
  12. WHAT IRRITATED YOU?
    Nothing unusual...it's just my reaction that's a little over-the-top. Example: My mom called yesterday to "check in" and was having phone problems so she hung up on me 3 times. I was so annoyed that I couldn't talk to her. I should call her today....
  13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
    Dunno yet. Check back on Wednesday.
  14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
    I have a slight preference (and I'm not divulging what that preference is), but honestly I'll be thrilled either way.
  15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
    I hate scales & don't own one. At my last doctor's appointment (5 weeks ago) I was up 8 pounds, but I'm positive it's gone up substantially in the last month. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm up 13-15 pounds already.
  16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
    Don't know yet. It's still a little early.
  17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
    See previous answer.
  18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
    None so far. Keep your fingers crossed!!
  19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
    I'll be delivering at a hospital here in Austin
  20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
    Still to be determined. But I hope it's less than 24!!
  21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
    Miller will be behind the wheel if he wants his name on the baby's birth certificate.
  22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
    The plan so far: Miller, the medical team, & the photog. My parents & Miller's parents will be in the waiting room I guess.
  23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
    I'm hoping for a natural delivery.
  24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
    I haven't made up my mind yet. I think I'm going to try to go without but I won't be surprised if I end up with a heavy dose of meds.
  25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
    I'll get back to you on this one.
  26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN?
    Still cooking. Give it time.
  27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
    We have some names picked out, but we're keeping them under wraps until (at least) Wednesday.

Today: 20w0d

3 comments:

Juicy said...

No, I hate using the notes thing too. I had to ask my cousin's wife how to even do the damn thing. I hope no one else tags me. Sheeesh!

Glad to see I have followers, about damn time!

;)

p.s. you're a brave gal, letting a photographer in the room. But it's a good idea...I just have to convince Jay the cost isn't too bad!

Bryn said...

Okay, I've never had a baby but I've had procedures done that cause contractions and let me tell ya, IT HURTS LIKE HELL! GET THE MEDS!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

you hired lyndsay?? jealous! i can't wait to see some of the amazing photos!! i hope we have enough money to hire a photographer! i doubt there are even any decent ones here... (when that day comes that is cause i'm not preggers yet). haha