Thursday, May 1, 2008

I'm really good at wasting time

So I made it back to Austin Friday night with no problems, thanks to my first class seat. I was under the impression that I would have a couple days "off" to re-adjust to being back home and to just get household chores taken care of before getting back to the daily grind of work....or so I thought. I got an email from my boss Monday afternoon with a laundry list of stuff to work on, AND a request to be in Houston from May 15 - June 13. To make matters worse, my schedule in Houston will be Monday-Friday 5pm-2am. Classic.

I decided to "stick it to the man" this week and get as little work done as possible. Shoot...if they're not going to give me time, I'm just going to take it!! I have found a million ways to keep myself occupied, all the while ignoring any work responsibilities I may have (except checking my Blackberry, of course). Here's what I've been doing:

  • Spending too much time on The Nest
  • Updating the AustinBio for the aforementioned website (Check out what I've done!)
  • Joining Twitter and becoming obsessed
  • Converting our expenses from Quicken to Quickbooks (per our accountant)
  • Cleaning the kitchen
  • Planning the final guest bedroom decoration ideas
  • Converting our CD's to iTunes
  • Updating my blogroll (and promptly caught up on all posts I missed)
  • Learning how to launch the boat at the boat ramp (thanks, hubby!)

Note to the office: Don't overwhelm me with work immediately following a 5 week trip. I will find a way to take some time off....even if it is at your expense.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a productive week! :-) and what a crappy work schedule!

Jules said...

Ha ha! Sounds fun, you deserve it!

Juicy said...

hee hee! I love the "stick it to the man" plan. That's great. I am also really good at wasting time, but sounds like you're WAY more productive than I am!