Monday, May 5, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday, Riley!!!

I can't believe our little dude is one year old today! It seems like just yesterday we brought him home! In honor of spoiling the crap out of him, we thought it would be fun to make a big deal out of his birthday this year. Originally, I wanted to throw him a birthday party and have all our pet-owner friends bring their pups over, but Miller convinced me that was taking it a little too far. Okay, okay....cake & presents only.

I found a pretty simple peanut butter & carrot cake recipe online and made cupcakes. Riley loved them so they were definitely a huge hit. Case & point - before & after photos:


The rest of the birthday was pretty standard. He did get a new toy and a couple new bones, but after spending the weekend at the lake he was still pretty wiped out. We did manage to take the obligatory "birthday boy" picture though:

Don't forget to check out Riley's First Year photo album. My, how our boy has grown.

6 comments:

Amie said...

Happy birthday Riley! You are such a cutie! And, uh, yeah, I'm guilty of baking dog birthday cakes too...

Sara Louise said...

Aaah, Happy Birthday Riley! He looks too cute, and I bet that cake was a HIT!

Nathalie Antinea said...

I want some cake! Happy Birthday Riley! You're such a good mom TJ!

Juicy said...

I love that dog. SOOOO cute. And strangely enough, my sister's dog's birthday is also cinco de mayo which she always celebrates too. Happy Birthday Riley!

Jules said...

Happy, happy birthday!

Cristina said...

HAHA!!! I love the obligatory photo of the bday boy!!! That was pretty much the look on our dog's face too! Something tells me they dont love silly hats. :)