Anyone who knows me remotely well knows that I drink way too much Coke. To me, it's the equivalent of coffee so I tend to drink it morning, noon, and night. I get hot flashes when I go to a restaurant and they only serve Pepsi products.
I was at the office the other day and ran out of "supplies" so I headed down to the vending machine to stock up. I pressed the button and that awful vending machine sound roared from the under-belly and the "sold out" light started mocking me. My remaining choices:
- Coke Zero
- Diet Coke (yuck)
- Sprite (no caffene, no way)
- Lipton Iced Tea (in a vending machine?)
- Brisk Ice Tea (even worse)
- Bottled Water (why pay when there's a water fountain nearby??)
Damn. What a bummer. I guess I'm stuck consuming 90+ calories with each drink. BUT IT TASTES SO GOOD WHEN IT HITS THE LIPS!! (name that movie)

4 comments:
I used to be a Coca-Cola addict too. :) Especially for the glass bottle version.. smoooooth. Never tried Zero, something about the pitch black color...
Sorry to hear about the crappy flight.. I had a similar flight last week going to DFW. And on the return trip, that i almost missed thanks to weather, i had the pleasure of confirming what i had previously suspected... sitting between the nacelles in the second to last row of an MD-80 is obscenely LOUD.
Thankfully, i had my handy Bose noise canceling headphones.. i do hope you have some.. they are worth every penny. :)
Oh you get used to it! I didn't drink any soda for a couple of years ... then my old age ;-) caught up with me and I started needing caffinne, minus the calories. Diet Coke it was ... and now I'm hooked!
Old School!
Didn't I see you at work with an IV plugged into your arm with a dark liquid in the bag?
Had a lovely flight last night from DEN to HOU in thunderstorms. It was a beautiful display of cloud to cloud and inter-cloud lightening. My wife who is 8 weeks pregnant didn't like it that much!
I'm a coke drinker too. I so miss being in Atlanta b/c they always have coke everywhere. No such luck in Texas. I just started drinking Diet Dr Pepper and I love it. I've never had a real Dr Pepper but if you are ever looking for a diet soda with tons of flavor, that's it.
Post a Comment