Tuesday, July 20, 2010

the end of the 101 in 1001

It started as a lofty idea - 101 tiny little goals - how hard could it possibly be?

:: gigglesnort ::

It all started back in late 2007. Before S.B.G. Before I got laid off and became a stay-at-home-mom. It seems like FOREVER ago that I started and there is a huge part of me that is so disappointed I didn't get further. But, I did accomplish a lot. And some of the goals I did accomplish (*ahem*Audrey*ahem*) are the most important that it doesn't even matter how many didn't get finished. But because it's over, I guess I should recap. I'm not sure if I'm going to give it another shot - I probably will - but for now let's just close the book. (Although, I would like to point out that I did finish more than 50% of my goals. That in & of itself should be an accomplishment!)

53 FINISHED GOALS:
1. Finish (composing) my 101 list
2. Turn 30 & love it - not sure if I love it yet, but I celebrated my birthday and it was awesome
3. Finish putting together my wedding albums
4. Start the baby-making process - Best.Goal.Ever.
8. Get Lasik - okay, so it wasn't Lasik - but I can see without glasses or contacts!
9. Get my teeth straightened - I'm currently going through the Invisalign process, so I get to mark this one as done
10. Get a physical
13. Paint the interior of the house - We're scheduled to have the kitchen & bathrooms repainted next month and those will be the last rooms!
18. Buy a new washer/dryer
20. Teach Riley to swim
22. Get a raise/promotion
24. Switch to compact fluorescent lightbulbs - We still have a few "old" lightbulbs in our house, but I only buy CFL's as replacements.
25. Use cloth grocery bags
26. Buy a Gucci purse - My intentions behind this goal was to buy something nice for myself without worrying about the cost. Miller bought me a lovely designer handbag for my birthday & I didn't even balk about the cost. We'll consider this one a success!
27. Host a holiday family dinner
30. Travel to Europe
31. Snail mail birthday cards - I got bad about this about mid-way through the 1001 days, but I did awesome at the beginning. I absolutely need to pick this one back up because it's a goal I love.
33. Play in the snow
34. Call Mom & Dad at least once a week - This one ABSOLUTELY happens. If my mom doesn't get to talk to/Skype with Audrey at least every couple days all hell breaks loose! :)
35. Clean out the closets a la Tim Gunn's Guide to Style
36. Go to a museum
37. Take a photography class - I'm enrolled in one right now!!
38. Read a non-fiction book
39. Read a fiction book
40. Blog once a week
42. Attend a non-UT sporting event
45. Join a professional organization
47. Buy all new underwear
49. Donate my hair to Locks of Love
50. Donate $1001 to charity
54. Learn to drive a stick shift
55. Take a yoga/pilates class
56. Get new family photos taken
57. Bake bread from scratch
58. Visit a new state in the U.S.
59. Participate in a charity event
60. Fill the iPod and buy a new one - I got an iPhone (which doubles as an iPod) so we called this one done
61. Drink a Guiness
66. Get a drastic haircut
67. Learn to knit and knit scarf - I never actually finished anything, but I did learn to knit!!!
68. Go on a romantic weekend getaway - We had a romantic night away for my birthday...that's about as good as it's going to get now that S.B.G. is around. I still can't stomach the thought of being away from her for more than 24 hours!
71. Fly first class
75. Stand/swim in an ocean
76. Go to a movie solo
77. Have a spa day
81. Contribute to a Wikipedia article
83. Get Riley neutered
84. Go camping
88. 72 hours = no computer/internet
90. Win $10 off a single lottery ticket
93. Watch the entire Godfather saga
94. Plant a tree
97. Ride a roller coaster

48 FAILED GOALS:
5. Draft a will - Seriously. How lazy am I? Ugh.
6. Vote in as many elections as possible - I voted in almost every major election, but I did miss a lot of the smaller elections.
7. Learn CPR - Miller & I scheduled this many, many times. We really need to get this one done.
11. Learn Espanol - Hahaha. Who was I kidding.
12. Take golf lessons
14. Paint the exterior of the house
15. Install landscape lighting
16. Install hardwood floors
17. Renovate the kitchen (new appliances, etc.)
19. Finish other decorating projects - sheesh. nice, ambiguous goal.
21. Learn to wakeboard
23. Take the Mensa test (just for fun)
28. Take a cooking class
29. Travel to Asia
32. Get boudoir photos taken - call me chicken
41. Attend my 10-year high school reunion
43. Start working out regularly - call me l.a.z.y.
44. Go to the theatre
46. Buy a piece of artwork
48. Try a new restaurant each month
51. Adopt a second dog
52. Watch the entire list: AFI's 100 Years...100 Movies
53. Go skydiving
62. Go to the dentist every 6 months
63. Sign up to be a bone marrow donor - I still really, really, really need to do this
64. Go to Mount Bonnell
65. Buy something from Tiffany's
69. Run a mile without stopping
70. Go to the dermatologist for a skin check
72. Buy wine rack and fill it up
73. Ride on the Harley
74. Finish buying all our wedding china
78. Ride in a helicopter
79. Watch the entire Sopranos series
80. Go to the Kentucky Derby
82. Update passport to married name
85. Try 20 new beers - I thought this goal would be one of the first to get finished. Getting pregnant & nursing a baby threw a monkey wrench in that one.
86. Visit a winery
87. Get concealed handgun license
89. Complete a 26 Things project
91. Make lasagna from scratch - I watched Miller do it, once. Does that count?
92. Go to comedy club
95. Go fishing & catch something
96. Take salsa lessons
98. Watch a new movie each month
99. Frame my diploma
100. Blog about all 101 goals
101. Celebrate that it's all done!

5 comments:

ashley said...

i think you did a good job! SBG has done a good job of keeping you on your toes!

Ruby and Matt said...

U did awesome! In my book,100 and 101 count as complete.

Brandy said...

Good job!

What purse did you get? I want something pretty and not a diaper bag :)

Juicy said...

You did a great job and honey, I think having a baby makes the rest of the list moot. At least, it kinda turned out that way for me.

I think we should have a girls' night out at a comedy club, I've always enjoyed going to those! And there's one way up by your neck of the woods...

Larisa said...

First of all, fantastic! If you got more than 50% done, I'd call that a success.

Secondly, talk to me about the Tim Gunn thing because I need help. :)