Last week I blogged about a fundraiser we participated in to raise money for cancer research. I also mentioned that it would have been the perfect opportunity to knock Goal #50 (donate $1001 to charity) off my 101 in 1001 list.
Well...I did it.
After writing the blog post, I started to feel really guilty that the thought didn't come to me sooner. Thoughts of "how cool would that have been??" raced through my head and I desperately wanted to find a way to contribute anyways. Luckily the hosts had left the donation window open for a little while longer for those not able to attend the actual party. And while not as dramatic as showing up to the event with a $1001 check, sending it in by mail still has the desired end effect.
I have to say it....it feels GREAT. Not that the money was burning a hole in my pocket or anything, but I couldn't be happier about contributing to an amazing cause in honor of a great friend.
I said it once & I'll say it again. F.U. cancer!!!

11 comments:
That is so awesome Tabatha!
still amazed and appreciative of your generosity!!!
That is so awesome!!!
that's awesome!!
That's such a great thing you did. You're a very generous person!
That was you! Wowsers! That is so amazing and generous!!
You rock, Girlfriend!
~NDK~
That is incredible, Tabatha! What a wonderful thing to do. :)
Man, you bought yourself A LOT of good karma!
NDK stole my line: You Rock, Girlfriend!
Hot damn. I never woulda guessed it was you who made the big donation, but wowza. You rock, that is so amazing and awesome. Good for you.
What an amazing gesture, your generosity is admirable! I agree, FU cancer!
Post a Comment