I was driving from Houston to Austin tonight and had to listen to the radio because my iPod battery was dead. Yeah, yeah piss-poor planning on my part. The problem with listening to the radio for 3-hours straight is you get to hear the same songs over and over. One particular song caught my attention, and not for the right reasons.
"Addicted" by Saving Abel is honestly the most disgusting song I've ever heard. I guess it's shit like this that really bothers me about our society....they have to sensor out curse words, but an entire song about being "addicted" to a blow job is perfectly acceptable to play on the radio. And, for what it's worth the new Nickelback song (appropriately titled "Something in Your Mouth") is equally heinous. I would rather listen to an entire string of the new TxDOT radio ads instead of listening to these songs. If you haven't heard the new TxDOT radio spots, check out this one, because it's awesome. And by awesome, I mean really horrible.
On a positive note, I'm absolutely obsessed with the new Britney Spears song. I'm so glad she's getting her life back together. Team Britney!

3 comments:
Wow. I had no idea songs had made it that far into the gutter. :P I too live in a wonderfully ad-free world of iPod+iTunes Music Store. It's a lovely world. Quiet, save for the music *i* choose.
That TxDOT ad makes me want to bill the state for both the taxes i paid to produce it, *and* for the 2 minutes of my life wasted listening to it.
Sounds like Tabitha needs a car power adapter for christmas. :)
Personally, i have no problem with sex in modern culture (we need more of it, actually, tastefully; our nation is way way too prude), but i *do* have a problem with *tacky*.
That is why I either listen to my XM or always have an audio book in my car. When I happen to flip to the radio for some odd reason, I find myself concerned for the future of our children-those songs are messed UP!
How could anyone be addicted to a blow job? I hope this was a boy singing? Yuck. And YUCK!
;)
Ditto Team Britney!! Ditto the trash on the radio sucks! I'm so lost without my ipod or XM radio. Its really painful when I have to listen to the radio and you poor thing, having to listen to that for 3 hours!!!
Post a Comment