Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hi. My name is Tabatha and I'm addicted to the Internet.

I've tried for so long to avoid admitting the truth. I've always been good about checking my email, but it wasn't until my job gave me a Blackberry that it all started to get out of control. When I relinquished my Blackberry, I thought I would be able to regain control of my non-connected life but I only felt completely disconnected from the world. I still checked my email a million times a day (thanks to the wireless internet in my house...I can check from anywhere), but I still felt completely out-of-pocket when I missed an email (work or otherwise) because I left the house for 10 minutes to get some food! I quickly ran out and got myself a spiffy new Treo and immediately felt that all was right in the world.

....and then Toni introduced me to MySpace. I now have a MySpace page, a Facebook page, a LinkedIn page for my work contacts (all of which I check multiple times daily) and now this damned blog (hah..I say it like someone had a gun to my head..)! And that's just my stuff...that doesn't even count the endless websites I frequent daily.

Seriously...it's amazing that I ever get any work done.

4 comments:

SleeplessInSeattle said...

Yay...you have a blog!!!

Nisha said...

haha i hear ya... sadly, i spend so much time on other sites, i never have the time or patience to write a whole blog often enough. :) welcome and good luck on your blogging endeavor!

Unknown said...

what up girl?!?!?!?!?!?
I saw your blog and only because one of my professors uses this site as our class s.i.p. and crap.
crazy anyway i am at work and i too am addicted to the internet. ask john, my internet time was way to high last month.

Jules said...

Hi there~

Thanks for the nice comment about our backyard! Have a great day!

~Julie
(futuremrsuphoff on the nest)